Untitled Document
Untitled Document



Untitled Document


   Forgot password
   Foreigners Helpline
   Condo Buying
   Law service
   Law News
   Expat helpline
   Expat Services
25 June 2022




Visa exemptions, or “visas on arrival”, allow tourists from certain countries who arrive at a Thai border without a visa to have permits-to-stay, normally for a period of 30 days, issued by Immigration officials.
People who enter Thailand on a ‘visa exemption’ are permitted to stay only 90 days in a six-month period,
From April 1, they count only the days the foreigner has stayed in Thailand – and foreigners are now allowed to stay past the 180-day period,”

The number of consecutive visa exemptions allowed is no longer limited to three. Those who choose to enter on multiple visa exemptions it is up to the discretion of the Immigration officer how many days to grant the new arrival, provided it is 30 days or fewer. The 90-day rule does not affect people who have been issued a visa from a Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate overseas.

Parents bringing children to Thailand to attend school, can apply for non-immigrant ED visas for their children at any Royal Thai Embassy outside Thailand. Parents can apply for a non-immigrant O visas for themselves so they can enter the country and care for their children here, and then they can apply for permits to stay at the Immigration office after entering the country. Many international schools in Thailand help parents prepare applications for permits to stay & children under 14 years old are not fined for an overstay.



TRAVELLING OUT OF THAILAND: the Royal Thai Embassies and the Royal Thai Consulates visa fees:

o US $60.00 for single entry
o US $150.00 for multiple entries
o US $150.00 (APEC Multiple Entries)
o US $300.00 (Three-year Non-Immigrant "B" for Business and Work)

o US $30.00 per entry

o US $25.00 per entry

If you are on a tourist visa living or staying in Thailand and travel say to Hongkong for a few days make sure when you re enter Thailand you have your onward ticket. If not you will be jailed by Immigration on entering until someone brings your exit ticket from your home showing immigration for leaving Thailand.

Please note you must leave Thailand if your Visa expires. if you use agents then you will be prosecuted. The law states one must leave themselves. Please note you can obtain a non immigrant B visa in Penang if you have the right company papers and WP3 or Tor tor 3 form from the labour office  In Mae Sai if going for a tourist one month visa you must show 10,000 baht when you come back  into Thailand. For families 40,000 baht in cash and 3 month non immigrant holders 20,000 baht you must show  to the Thai border on the way into Thailand. However dress nicely as they are only asking those they think do not have any cash but be aware of this IN CASE YOU ARE ASKED. All other border crossings they do not ask for cash. REMEMBER OVERSTAY IS NOW 500 BAHT PER DAY.

Our Law Office in now registered to sign notary documents and Visas. We also can assist those wanting to transact business in China & those in Bangkok who wish to seek help with Thai partners to secure visas to their countries. We are the first Visa news Company running in Thailand and have all English speaking lawyers in Bangkok and Chiangmai.

TAT licensed: No 023 0533 ASIA TRADING TRAVEL

PENANG NEW B NON IMMIGRANT 3 MONTH ONLY VISA: Letter from my company sectary stating reasons for the visa - signed by her and with company stamp; Company registation / shareholders papers; Copies of passport & work permit; All of the above stamped & signed; 2 x passport sized photos & Cost is 550 Rigit. This is not a multiple visa and to get this you need Company papers and tax receords etc

You must be 50 years old. (Must apply for a non immigrant O visa out of Thailand but once you have then you can reapply in Thailand). You must wait 60 days then apply & it takes one day. You need 800,000 Baht in the bank OR an equivalent amount of income of not less than 65,000 baht every month with proof of pension income before applying for a one year visa. If you need help ask us.
As at Jan 2007 we understand the 800,000baht must stay in your bank account! but this has not been confirmed as yet.

RETIREMENT VISAS: One Year  Quick and easy using our Law Office. Cost is 10,000 baht but we do have an Express 2 day service=cost 15,000baht. You need to show 800,000 baht in the Bank or pension fund with Thai Bank letter stating you have 65,000 baht coming in each month then email us to apply. You must have an existing non immigrant visa to apply & if coming to Thailand from overseas apply for a non immigrant  O visa at your Thai Embassy with proof of funds before you arrive in Thailand. You must be 50 years or over to be eligible.

RETIREMENT MARRIAGE VISAS: One Year  If married to a Thai you need 400,000 baht in the bank OR 40,000 baht per month coming in. You can go to many places now to secure a marriage visa but take bank statements; ID and marriage cert of wife etc. Singapore; Vientianne, Australia etc are the closest places. You will get a 1 year O non immigrant visa.

RESIDENCY VISAS: Our office can help you as these will be valid in December 2003. Our fee is 20,000 baht not including government fees but make sure: 1/. you have 3 years consecutive multiple non immigrant visas to be eligible with no broken record eg. extensions or overstays? 2/. if a pensioner then proof of your funds monthly coming in 3/. What you have done to assist Thai society while you have been in Thailand. 4/.Your educational qualifications 5/. Document from your country from Police to say you have no previous criminal records & certified by your Embassy here.6/. Photo of your house or property if you have? 7/. All the above to be translated into Thai

YEAR WORKING VISAS: Again these are for foreigners working on work permits. We can assist you and it takes approx 3 months from time of application. You need your company papers, tax forms, yearly audit and work permit to apply. Recommended for all those on work permits.

If your status changes eg. your Thai wife dies then you must report this within 14 days and change your visa. Please also do not work even playing in a band as you will be locked up, fined and deported. 

INVESTMENT VISAS: There is no longer an Investment visa of if you have 3m baht invested in a condo.

NON IMMIGRANT A-O OR B MULTIPLE ENTRY VISAS: please do not ask us as you must obtain these at a Royal Thai Embassy out of Thailand

 VISAS FOR THAIS GOING TO YOUR COUNTRY: Our Bangkok law Office can now assist all foreigners with securing Visas for their spouses or friends to most countries. Please email us.  Check Thai Embassy web site at: http://www.thaiembdc.org/consular/con_info/restpmit/rest_pm.html#iii.1

BANK ACCOUNTS FOR TOURISTS: These are now being reassessed and tourists may not be eligible to hold a bank account & one is being told they must have a work permit and no tourist visa.

.The costs in England are: 60 pounds for a non-immigrant multiple entry. NZ is $100NZ. USA $US45. Easy places to get the UK visa is Cardiff and in Australia Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide.

POLICE COMPLAINTS: now have a new email address if you have a problem with Thai Police on metr-police@police.go.th  & P.O. Box 191, Rong Muang, Pathum Wan, 10330, Thailand.



Untitled Document



[ Links ] [ UK Pensions in Thailand ] [ Foreigners law help ] [ Foreigners divorce ] [ Foreigners Companies ] [ Foreigners Accounting service ] [ Foreigners Accounting help ] [ USA amity Company ] [ Bangkok law help ] [ US births ] [ Currency changes ] [ Foreign Embassies ] [ Expat news ] [ Foreign office ] [ Houses & Property ] [ Scams ] [ Company tax ] [ Employee tax ] [ VAT tax ] [ Visas ] [Websites built ] [ Wills ] [ Workpermit ] [ Work permit letters ] Commercial [ Thai Tendering Contracts ]